Who We Are
Established in 2005, KingsIsle is a proven MMO hit-maker bringing our unique vision to mobile games. Our award-winning game Wizard101 is currently in its 11th year, and we recently released our latest mobile game "Animal Cove" for iOS and Android. We are driven by a spirit of innovation and experimentation across genres and themes.
We attribute our success to great people and we recognize the value of every team member. We work hard and have fun, whether it’s with lunchtime gaming sessions or office outings to the movies. The working environment, friendly teammates and support for growing careers all contribute to the long tenures many people enjoy at KingsIsle.
Who You Are
- 5 or more years of professional coding experience
- Master Java developer, passionate about programming beyond just a job.
- Expert builder of highly concurrent applications.
- Veteran troubleshooter of performance bottlenecks.
- Designer of solutions highly beneficial to real world scenarios.
- Great mentor and experimenter, who measures success in business results.
- Excellent communicator and problem solver.
- College graduate with at least a 4 year technical degree.
How You Can Contribute
- Enforce design and coding standards, and not compromise under pressure.
- Work with the team to create a fantastic user experience for KingsIsle customers.
- Be in tune with the business objectives of each project while driving engineering solutions.
- Own every task you undertake as if the future of the company depends upon it.
- Write your program as if you’re speaking to the person who will maintain your code.
- Be a champion of effective communication.
- Check your ego at the door.
- Have an important voice in solving real world development problems.
- Be a key part of our small server team, responsible for back-end products that serve millions of users!
- Have at your disposal over 30 years of experience and domain knowledge from the leadership team. They are great mentors.
- Be exposed to all aspects of development life, including (but not limited to) design, coding, project-lead, code review, dev-ops, QA, and automation.
- Work closely with game designers, marketing strategists, data analysts and operations professionals.
- Gain experience working on Infrastructures as Code with our cloud-based production and QA services.
Extra Points If You Have Experience With
- Mobile systems interfaces (push notifications, server persistence, event management, etc.)
- Developing high traffic server products
- Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, SVN, JMeter
- BASH scripting, Jenkins, SALT, Apache, Networking
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision care benefits
- 401(K) with employer match
- Company fun days, parties, and generous PTO allowance
- Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
- Above average salary for qualified applicants
- Only highly qualified candidates need apply and only candidates that meet the degree requirements will be considered
- Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle