KingsIsle Entertainment, established in 2005, is a proven MMO hit-maker with 50+ million registered users across both our MMOs with vibrant and strong communities. Our award-winning game Wizard101 is currently in its 13th year and Pirate101 is in its 9th. We attribute our success to great people, and we recognize the value of every team member. We work hard and have fun, whether it’s with lunchtime gaming sessions or office outings to the movies. The working environment, friendly teammates, and support for growing careers all contribute to the long tenures many people enjoy at KingsIsle.
- Create, implement, and manage various types of sound effects at a high level
- Comprehensive sound design and musical orchestration/arrangement for in-game cinematics
- Record, edit, process, manage, and implement dialog
- Work individually and collectively with an experienced team of sound designers in a creative and fast-paced environment
- Associate's Degree in a related field, or equivalent years of applicable experience
- 5+ years of experience in game industry with at least one AAA title shipped
- Firm understanding of audio design principles and processing techniques
- Expert knowledge of audio tools and Digital Audio Workstations, such as Reaper, Cubase, or Pro Tools
- Ability to create high quality source material for SFX design
- Creative and inventive with the use of source material and/or sample libraries
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn, iterate, and be flexible
- Ability to contribute to and work within tight schedules
- Experience in creating magical, combat, vocal, sci-fi, and environmental sound effects
Perks & Benefits
- Experience working in a game editor
- RPG/MMO game experience
- Multi genre music and orchestral composition with strong arrangement skills
- Experience in creating narrative cues and stingers
- Experience with dialog editing and field/foley recording
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision care benefits
- 401(K) with employer match
- Company fun days, parties, and unlimited PTO
- Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle.